Exercise 7 related to Lesson
5 -- Creating and organizing Favorites
- Go to the suggested Website list at http://www.gordonrichard.com/curric/categor.htm.
- Pick a category on the Website list page that has links to at list
- Go to these six Web sites, making each a Favorite.
- Then using your browser, create a category Favorite folder within
which all five of your Favorites could be included.
- Move the individual Favorites into the Favorites category folder.
In the screen-save below, art and children are both
Favorites category folders. With the children folder selected, you
can see six individual Favorites all related to the Favorites category
- Click on your Favorites on your Explorer toolbar, and move your
mouse pointer slowly down to the category folder you just created
so that it reveals you five Individual Favorites.
- Next, use your keyboard's Print Scrn (Screen) key to capture the
image of your Favorites showing your Favorites category folder and
its individual Favorites. The image you capture with the Print Screen
key should be similar to image above.
- Now switch to a word-processing program like Word (or WordPad which
may be substituted for Word throughout the rest of this exercise).
- Type your name at the top of the Word document window.
- Click on Edit/Paste. You should now see the Favorites screen-capture
in your Word window.
- Save your Word document to your diskette or a harddrive folder designated
by your instructor. Give the file the name favfolder.
- Print your favfolder.doc document and submit it to your instructor.