yet a member?
If you are not yet a member of RTC and want more information
before committing to membership, please write us at the e-mail
An officer will contact you either by phone or e-mail as you request.
Who may join?
- Full membership is open to all NYSUT retirees living in Florida,
including retired educators as well retired non-teaching personnel.
- Full membership is also open to NEA/NYSUT retirees living
Special Note: If there is a retiree
chapter of the NYSUT local from which you retired, you must remain
a member of that chapter to keep your membership in NYSUT/AFT
and to be eligible for benefits that the local/NYSUT/AFT provide.
Additionally, you may participate in our NYSUT affiliated chapter
here in Florida. If you have any concerns about this matter, please
What is the membership participation fee?
Full participation. The annual participation
fee is $30 for New York State NYSUT retirees now living in Florida.
Associate participation. For associate membership,
the fee is $20.
- An associate participant can be the spouse or other close
relative of a full member.
- Associate participation is also open to
AFT members who are not from New York State, but from other
States across the Nation.
May 2006, NYSUT and NEA joined in New York State to form
a single, united union. If you are not a New York retiree,
this NYSUT/NEA unification may still make you eligible to
become an associate member even though you are an NEA member
from a State other than New York.
Officers welcome inquiries about joining our group
New officers will be elected for 2008-09, but for 2007-08,
here is the list of officers. (Again, another reminder that except
for the Links page, this website is not being updated effective
March 1, 2008.)
- co-presidents Charles and Nancy for 2007-08. (New officers
will be elected for 2008-09.)
- our vice-presidents for reservations, Dot and Chuck
- our vice -president for program and luncheons, Fred
- our Treasurer, Joe
- our Secretary, Cathy
- other appointed officers: Rhoda, Ellen, Richard, Joe, Phil,